The Hutchcroft School, built in 1877, is one of the very few one-room schoolhouses remaining in near-original condition in Yamhill County.
After 59 years of dedicated service, the one-room schoolhouse was forced to close its doors and it sat empty for nearly 77 years. The school beckoned to be once again filled with students.
In early 2012, Raymond Whitlow donated the schoolhouse to the Yamhill County Historical Society in hopes that the deteriorating building could be restored to its former glory. By September 2012, the newly formed Hutchcroft School Committee had raised enough funds to have the school raised and moved.
On October 21, 2012, the school was moved to its current location at the YCHS Heritage Center on Hwy 18 and Durham Lane. Once set upon its new foundation, significant efforts began to prepare the school for restoration.
Now that restoration is complete, Hutchcroft School again is occupied by school children as students attending Pioneer Days learn about life in a one room school.